I lost a friend this week.
Not my dog, but a regular, welcome visitor.
(Does anyone ever own a dog – or do they just choose to hang out with us?)
Here’s some of what what I learned from him:
- That a fire is interesting, not just for warmth.
- That a stick is interesting.
- Actually, most everything is interesting.
- That joy is an attitude.
- That friendship doesn’t care what you look like.
- ….and is unconditional.
- That walking in the rain is as good as walking in the sunshine. Just soggier for a while.
- That stoicism is cool.
We could all benefit from being more Dog.
Rock on Sweep.